It's been months since I've cast a line and the recent warm sunny weather is making me ache to be out on the water! Walleye finally opens this weekend, and the Shad are only a couple of weeks away from being in Montreal after they long migration. But the date I'm most looking forward to is June 15th. That's when bass season opens in
my zone.
Anyway, in the meantime while I'm dreaming of all of the fish I will (
hopefully) catch this season, I went by my local SAIL store and picked up some new lures.
 |
These are the two main fish prey of bass, walleye and pike around here. These are some of the most realistic looking lures I could find. I've got a really good feeling about the potential of these ones. |
 |
| A few new worm harnesses for the walleye. |
 |
Can't ever have too many spinnerbaits. My preference for the smallmouth in shallow water is the 1/8oz. Mini King. Used in combination with the following: |
 |
These black/blue crayfish plastic trailers go right on the hook of the spinnerbait. This combination has been my most successful smallmouth bass lure to date. I've caught more bass on this than anything else by far |
 |
It doesn't matter how much you pay for waders, they will eventually start leaking from wear and tear. Mine seem to be leaking from around the boot seams. Found this little repair kit. I hope it actually works! Shad fishing won't be much fun with a pair of leaky waders! |
No comments:
Post a Comment