September 26, 2011

Autumn Bass Action

I haven't had much of a chance to get out on the water lately due to the fact that I am back in school. Today, however, I made some time to go find some hungry fall bass, and I wasn't disappointed! I caught 4 nice ones in a couple of hours on this gorgeous sunny day in late September.  The first one was the biggest of the day. It was quite feisty and even pulled my kayak upstream!  I didn't get a chance to get that fight on video though. I had just left shore and had paddled for less than 5 minutes when it hammered my spinnerbait. I was heading to my favourite fishing spot, so I hadn't even had time to install my hatcam. Anyway, I got a nice shot of it and a short video after I got it in the kayak.  Hopefully I'll be able to get back out on the water again soon!

This is the big one that managed to pull my kayak!
Smallmouth Bass (micropterus dolomieu)

Really nice camouflage colours!
Smallmouth Bass (micropterus dolomieu)
A nice fat bronzeback.
Smallmouth Bass (micropterus dolomieu)

Another nice chubby bass, with Champlain Bridge in the background.
Smallmouth Bass (micropterus dolomieu)

1 comment: